You know that Aloe Vera is good for you and has many benefits. It is a respected treatment for dry skin, soothes sunburn and prevents skin irritation. What you probably didn’t know is that Aloe Vera is all the more effective when consumed as a juice or as Aloe Vera drink.
In fact, an Aloe Vera drink has many benefits. It is not a new fad, but is a tried and tested health tonic that has been used by a number of ancient cultures in Africa, India, China and the Middle East over the last 2,000 years or so. It is an integral part of Chinese traditional medicine and Indian Ayurveda.
Why Take An Aloe Vera Drink?
The Western diet, as you are probably aware, is severely deficient in some of the nutrients that your body requires. Obesity is a serious epidemic in the US, UK and other Western countries and this is largely because of sedentary living, lack of exerciseand eating processed foods or junk foods that are full of trans fats, simple carbohydrates and other inflammatory substances.
What we need is to take more minerals and vitamins and less of the unhealthy stuff. Aloe Vera Drink is abundant in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E as well as folic acid and choline. It is rich in a number of minerals such as calcium, potassium, sodium, iron and selenium. Plus, it has a rich content of fatty acids and essential amino acids, which are good for health. It is one of the healthiest beverages you can have actually.
Benefits of An Aloe Vera Drink
An Aloe Vera drink has a number of benefits. Let’s take a look…
1. It has an alkalizing effect on the body – The Western diet is highly acidic, which leaves you at risk of infection. It is important to restore the pH balance by having more alkalizing foods such as aloe vera. Taking an Aloe Vera drink makes you feel fresh and rejuvenated as it has a soothing effect on the digestive system.
2. It is a highly effective detoxifying agent – Aloe vera has a powerful detoxifying effect on the body, especially when consumed as a juice or a drink. Taking this drink helps remove many of the harmful toxins from your digestive tract. According to one study, Aloe vera prevents oxidative stress induced by harmful toxins comprising of arsenic.
3. It boosts immunity – Drinking this juice has the effect of boosting your immunity as it provides the body with a high level of polysaccharides, which in turn produce macrophages. These are critical for the immune system as they build resistance against viral infections.
4. It gives you healthier, shinier, stronger hair – Taking an Aloe Vera drink on a regular basis may help prevent hair fall – also called hair loss. Aloe vera restores the alkaline balance and ensures that hair follicles retain a sufficient amount of moisture.
5. It is good for digestion – Taking an Aloe Vera drink certainly improves bowel movements, relieves constipation and has a laxative effect on the digestive system. At the same time, it is important not to take too much of the drink as it could have unintended consequences!
6. It is good for oral health – An Aloe Vera drink helps reduce inflation in the mouth, especially in the gums. It kills the harmful bacteria that cause various gum diseases which lead to a lot of pain and the swelling of the gums. It is a popular dental remedy that strengthens the gums, prevents oral infection or gum irritation and heals tooth pain. It works as a very good mouthwash because of its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
So what’s not to like? Try an aloe vera drink – like pure aloe vera juice – and see if you can reap some health benefits for yourself. It’s a good idea.Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This site also participates in and links to other affiliate and advertising programs. When you click a link on this page or make a purchase after clicking a link, I may make some money.